Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Family happenings

With luck I should have my camera back sometime next week and then I can post a few updated pictures of my girls.  They are all doing well.  Ava is running for her class president.  I am not sure how this is going to work because most of the kids in her class are also running for class president therefore from what I figure everyone will be voting for themselves.lol  Shane said that the kid who doesn't run is the smartest kid because he will have all the power.lol  Ava has been diligently working on her speech and after a few trys had got the premises down.  Basically she is going to tell them that she can't promise them anything (none of them can but I am sure a few will!) but that she will listen to them and since she is a big sister she has experience being a leader and a helper.  Plus she is going to make some cool book markers to hand out.lol  We'll see what happens.
Kennedy surprised us this weekend with her counting.  She has most of the numbers down to 20 and some beyond that.  Also Ava has been working at night with Kennedy on spelling.  She almost has cat down.lol  Nova, who has been barefoot all summer, seems to have grown up overnight.  I think it has something to do with putting on sneakers.  She is now 10 months, has 7 teeth, and is walking while holding on to furniture.  No doubt she will be walking by 1.  She is a growler too.  Right now I am so happy that she has been sleeping all night without waking up before 6.  Right now she is sleeping until 8.  That is awesome!
Shane still is busy with work and has no idea if he will be going to SF or not.  He really needs a vacation so I am keeping my fingers crossed that he can take some time around the holidays.
We also got the info for his procedure in  the mail.  I, of course, couldn't get passed the first instructions without laughing so I need to read it today.  Can I tell you how excited I am to have this done!!!   Can you believe the holidays  are almost here?  YEAH!!!  April and I are thinking of doing a birthday/Halloween party for the girls.  Starting with Hope then following through to Natasha they were all born between Oct/Nov/Dec.  Kennedy and Jakob are the odd ones out but already had their parties.  Next year we're most likely going to skip a party and just do them every other year.  

1 comment:

Shutterbug said...

How cute. Rowe '08. Just the change this country...er...this classroom needs. lol.