Sunday, October 26, 2008

Experiencing History


Yesterday after a brief visit to the Halloween Carnival, (I hope to post some pics later), my family as well as Dusty's family headed down the street to Johnson field where an enormous Barack Obama rally was being held. We knew there would be a lot of people but we were amazed to learn how many. One estimate was 35,000 people attended the rally. The line wrapped around the University and back up and we quickly realized that if we wanted to hear Obama's speech we would have to hold back at the parking lot across
the way. We waited for 2 1/2 hours to hear his speech, and it was awesome.We got a
glimpse of him but most importantly we got to hear him deliver his heartfelt speech. The crowds, for as packed and anxious as they were, were pleasant and cheerful. You could feel the excitement in the air. Ava and Hope were dancing, cheering, and chanting. Kennedy and Nova enjoyed the excitement for as long as they could before the finally fell asleep. The only regret I have is that I left my camera home since I thought I would be coming home for it and I thought Shane's phone would work but it didn't take good pictures. But I don't think we'll ever forget that we went to his rally! Also I saw pictures of the crowd in Denver today and they are just mind blowing!!! 100,000 at least attended the rally to see and hear Obama. Something changing!!!

No comments: