Saturday, October 18, 2008

A great day!

What a day to remember. Shane and I took the girls to UNM to the early voting station. Although the line was long (actually a great thing!!!) and the girls were restless we stuck it out and voted! Obviously as you can tell by my Barack Obama button who I voted for I have to say that it was such a great and amazing feeling to vote in such an important election. I am so energized by this campaign and by this man. It has been a long and at times heartbreaking campaign (Originally my support was with John Edwards), but I have come to see the greatness of Senator Obama and look forward to his Presidancy! (Knock on Wood) After we scanned our ballots we decided to eat lunch outside the sub and then spent time at the duck pond. The day had some great weather and the duck were big and happy. We hung out for a long while and then came home and the young girls and I enjoyed a nap. Then the second greatest thing happened tonight, Nova took her first long solid steps. 10 days short of turning one and she was doing great on her chubby wobbly legs.lol Going back and forth from Mommy to Daddy as her sisters cheered her on our family was full of laughs and admiration for this little one. What a blessing she has been to all of us. Also she had gotten her 8th tooth to break through. She is coming right along!!! I can't wait to tell her when she is older that on the day she took her first steps is the day that we voted for Obama!!! Hopefully she will understand the significance of it one day!

No comments: