Thursday, June 4, 2009

On odd memory

Last night Shane looked through the movies we had recorded on the dvr and settled on Ghostbusters. I set it to record for the girls but as there was nothing on last night we started to watch it. I immediately had a flashback to a childhood memory I have of watching Ghostbusters. First let me describe the scene. My parents had the coolest (at the time I totally didn't think so but I do now) green bedroom. Green shag carpeting with a green velvet bedspread and green curtain to match. The bedroom set was a typical 70's set with a brown rocking chair to match. This particular night they had set up a tv in their bedroom (I don't remember them having one in their room but they must have) and they had rented the VCR (remember having to do that?) and it was the old fashioned kind that pop up top and you had to put it down. Anyway us kids were told to stay in their room and watch Ghostbusters while they had friends over. And as a bribe we were given stripped chocolate cookies. I still remember sitting on their bed watching tv and eating those cookies. I think it stuck out because we never got to do that. Unlike my girls, who pretty much think our bed is just and extension of their beds, we never slept in their bed. Even after my mom had us watch Night of the Living Dead and I stayed up all night with the light on waiting for zombies to come and eat my brain. Never did it cross my mind to sleep in their room. Watching the first part of the movie I realized it was to scary for my girls, who are chickens like me, and gave up and turned on Sex and the City. I wonder what the new Ghostbuster movie will be like? Hmmmm

1 comment:

Misty said...

You crack me up Nat. Ghost Busters a scary,hah. Night of the living dead WAS scary.Sexin the city...truly frightening.