Friday, August 7, 2009

Back home

We're back home after a few days in Grants. The girls and I left Shane in Albuquerque so that I could go to my parents home and help them clean out the garage. I had put it off for a long long time and I knew that if I didn't go and do it now I wouldn't have the time later. The garage was pretty bad. When my parents moved before the last time a lot of stuff went into the garage and tool shed behind the house where it stayed for the next 12 or so years. When it came time for them to move again the job feel mainly to Fred and Dusty to move the stuff out. (I had just had Nova and was unable to do much) Dusty and Fred literally just loaded stuff up from one garage and dumped it into another. Add that with all the other stuff that has accumulated for the last 35 years and well you can imagine the state of the garage. Oh yeah they boys also didn't leave any kind of walking path. They just put it in the front and that was it. Uggh Boys! So I spent 2 1/4 days going through old letters, dishes, clothes, books, and toys. I came across stuff I hadn't seen in years and years. It was kinda fun in a very sweaty and pissy kinda way. I found my baby book but forgot to bring it to Albuquerque with me. I got to read family history from my Granny. All in all it was a good trip and now when the move again I hope it goes a lot eaiser. This time I plan to supervise so I'm sure it will.

No comments: