Friday, August 21, 2009

The thing about having only girls

You never get to mix it up. It's all girl all the time. It's all about dolls and faeries, kitties and makeup. There's dressing up and doing hair and boy talk (my least favorite topic). I get to hear all about how cute Nick Jonas is and about Shark Boy (or for the Twilight fans what's his name) So I don't get to do the spider man thing nor do I know what Ben 10 is (except having to buy a toy of one for a present and I had no idea of what I was looking for) I don't have to deal with knowing all the super heroes because I would fail big time. But I do try to keep some stuff in mind, like the Transformers, mainly for my nephew Jake. We have a little bit that we do where he is bumble bee and I am Optimus Prime but that's where it ends.lol And having girls or at least my girls means Radio Disney all the time. Add that to the fact that I have horrible taste in music (I so totally admit it, I am like the people who only read tabloids and nothing more. I only listen to crap music really!) So thanks to this combination I have a song stuck in my head that I just can't get it out of my head and I finally found it on you tube so that I could hear it.lol I'm sharing the link with you and I'm sure you laugh not with me but at me because it's that pathetic.lol
What would I be listening to if I had only boys? hmmm

2 comments:

Just a Mom said...

So Miley Cyrus is fairly benign- we even like her songs and loved the movie! If you had boys you would have to listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmOxPy9-8U

Or end to end back to back eternal versions of Jingle Bells (even in the summer) that contain something about Batman, Jingle Hell (only if they think you're not listening), and ther updated versions that you cut off at the first sign of "Jing..."! Enjoy the song!

Traci said...

Wow, I'd never heard that Miley Cyrus song before today! lol

What you listen to in a house full of boys. In this house it varies, with my boys being so different. Tanner listens to country, but only older country, he's so an old man in a young body, I swear. He sounds just like an old fogie when he says, All that new country sounds too much like rock and roll! (that child is an exception to many a rule.)

If you're near Cameron's room you'll hear either Ozzy, AC/DC, or his current favorite is Aerosmith. Used to listen to it to be cool like his dad, but now he really does like it.

And Max, he doesn't seem to care yet. He picks up all songs that are catchy, and he is constantly singing to himself.

The boys went through a phase where they listened to radio disney 3 or 4 years ago, but now they say it's only for girls. lol