Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Amazing

Heather called me last night shortly after it was announced Barack Obama was announced as our future President and I couldn't talk. She told me "You're never short for words" and yet I was in stunned amazement. It must have been all the emotion flooded my system and I shut down a little. It has slowly been hitting me today that it happened. YES WE CAN! This morning I was speaking with my girls and I told Ava that Nova will grow up with her first memory of a President being Barack Obama! What an amazing memory. Kennedy most likely won't remember Bush but she will remember Obama! Only Ava will have the memory of a president before Barack Obama. Just now on ABC someone was discussing the building of the White House by slaves and knowing that they were forced to build probably never believing an African American would be President! What a great day for African Americans and for America!!!

1 comment:

The Morris Family said...

I get my backgrounds from thecutestblogontheblock.com They have a lot of variety.