Thursday, November 13, 2008

A few really odd things about me.

I have this thing that drives me nuts and I think worries Shane sometimes. For whatever reason when I turn on a garbage disposal I HAVE to remind myself NOT to stick my hand down the disposal. I'm not kidding, I really think I will put my hand down there, when it's on if I don't tell myself not to. I have not idea why but it's an urge or something. The first time I told Shane he looked very concerned, like I might be mentally ill or something. Luckily I never have stuck my hand but I warn myself every time. I have a new thing going on now. Several months ago as you may have read in a past post Nova cut her eye. It healed quickly but was very painful for her. Lately I have been thinking that my eye is going to be torn and I imagine that is already is. It doesn't hurt, there isn't anything in it but I continue to picture how it would hurt and it's been bothering me, the idea of it getting cut.lol Not like I don't have other things to occupy my mind or time, now I have phantom worries to contend with.UGGH

3 comments:

The Morris Family said...

I totally do the same thing with the garbage disposal. I tell myself don't put your hand down there. I think its from the movies!!!

VanillaBean said...

I agree with you. I hate using it for that reason, too much pressure.lol

Belva Jean said...

LOL I do that too! I remember The incredible shrinking woman with Lily Tomlin and she fell in the garbage disposal. I know she got out ok, but it still freaks me out. I imagine the whole thing of "what if?" I so need to get over that :)