Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Shane

Took some Muccinex ES this evening and am waiting for them to kick in so I can try to get some sleep and felt the urgent need to post.  I just don't have much to write about so I thought I would dedicate this post to Mr. Shane Rowe.  I'm sure he'll love that.lol  Shane turns the big 33 tomorrow! Yeah!  Now for the next 6 month he will make several references to being older than me and how he remembers life at "my age"lol.  He can keep his whole 6 months though I'm not in any hurry for my birthday to get here.  Not that I mind getting older I just am fine being 32.  When Shane turned 20 I helped him celebrate his birthday with Mildred and Lori Vasquez.  I had no idea of what to get him so I got him boxers and I remember being so embarrassed by it.lol  But Mildred of all people convinced me to do it.  I look at that picture now and we were so so young looking it in.lol  I remember the b-day when he turned 21 and I took him to Los Cuates and he ordered his first "legal" beer.  The waitress was like OK and Shane pulled his license out anyway to show her he was 21.lol  After that like most birthdays they all seem to blend together or at least they are right now due to foggy head.  So this will be the 13 birthday we'll share together.  Time does fly by now it seems.  In years past I always tried to make his birthday "special" by having a party for him or at least inviting people over and making a big to do but it only took me years to realize that just isn't Shane or what he would want.  So tomorrow I have a Corned Beef Brisket to cook which I know will not be as good as his (Amazing is his) and some cabbage and a nice German chocolate cake.  Then we'll play his game and maybe Oregon Trail which he just downloaded to his IPOD. (Nova was a character tonight and almost died several times.lol) A simple uneventful night but one that is going to be great for him. I hope!  So happy Birthday to Shane!

1 comment: