Friday, March 6, 2009

What a spaz I am

First before anyone thinks it I am NOT pregnant. That being said I can't stop crying like a baby. I don't know why my hormones are all out of whack but lately I am tearing up at the slightest thing. A few days ago Shane put the PS3 to view our photos and as I watched the photos of Ava, Kennedy, and Nova show they grow up I couldn't control the tears. Shane finally stopped it because I was so sad. It comes and goes but today was really embarrassing. Parent/teacher conferences were scheduled earlier this week but Nova was pretty sick so I had to reschedule for today. I had talked a few times with Mrs. Phillips, Ava's teacher, and she told me that I shouldn't worry she only had good thing to report and so I figured I would go and hear that Ava was doing ok/well and that would be it. Ava, as it turns out, did exceptionally well this last quarter in all areas. However her math with from proficient to advanced as Mrs. Phillips told me this I felt them come one. Stupid me can't even listen to another adult without bawling. I was able to keep them in check but I had to fight to do it. Luckily Ava came up and they had a little conversation and it gave me a moment to get it together. Later I called Shane to inform him of the news and once again it happens! WTH is what I wondered but then I thought more about it. I think it has to do with the fact that it was about 2nd grade that I began to have my math fears. So to see Ava do well with it is such a relief. Also last week Ava and I had a horrible night of me explaining fractions to her and her not understanding what I explained, or least I thought. Turns out it sank it and she did so well she got put on the board for praise! I think I deserved that check but whatever!lol So I know these tears were happy tears but still I hate looking like a spaz in front of a teacher!

No comments: