Wednesday, May 20, 2009

11 years!

Today Shane and I celebrate 11 years married!  1/3 of our lives.  He asked me what I wanted as far as a gift and I told him that 11 years, while being awesome, is not one of the big one, like the 1st, 5th, 10th, or so one.  So I said lets do something big for every 5th year mile stone and for now lets just do a date night this weekend, (hopefully) but that I would love to get a card or note from him seeing as how he as dropped the ball on that lately.  This morning I had some time before dropping Ava off so we took a detour to the house we got married at.  On the way I thought about how long 11 years has been but also how it seems like yesterday.  I look forward to the next 11 years when I can say that I have been married 1/2 my life to my bbff!  Also Shane if you decided to read this I am so looking forward to the 15 year anniv. when you finally take me on a trip! (NYC!)

3 comments:

Jennifer Holland said...

Awesome- congratulations, Natalie. I know what you mean about the time- it's like you've known him forever, and yet the time has flown by!

lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Wow 11 years, congrats. I'll be counting down to your NYC trip too, that will be fun!!

Just a Mom said...

Congrats! What a special way for him to make this one an important one too! Really sweet!