Wednesday, May 20, 2009

An anniversary update!

Just to update on our anniv.  This morning the morons in the morning were discussing anniversary's and having people call in and say which anniversary they thought was a big deal.  Shane asked me if I thought 11 was and I said sort of no.  What I meant, before you get mad at me, is that I love having another year with Shane and I am very proud of having a marriage that last longer than a decade, especially with the high divorce rate.  That being said I think some are more special just like you look forward to your 16th b-day or 18th or even 21st.  As mention in the previous post I just wanted a card.  So imagine my surprise when I got a knock at the door and low and behold there is a basket of flowers.  And the card from Shane which says "I think every year is a big deal?" (I think he meant exclamation point but they put a ?.lol  Anyway there was more mushy stuff which made me cry.  I called Shane and told him about the flowers and told him that I didn't mean it the way I said he and he laughed.  Then I felt bad about the *gasp* e-card I sent him.lol  He isn't one for cards so I think it's ok.  Anyway I kinda owned a sort of apology post to Shane.  Sometimes the guy just surprises me in a sweet and wonderful way!  

No comments: