Sunday, July 6, 2008

And so it begins...

We had a first today. Shane and the girls were enjoying playtime at the Tramway McDonald's while I was doing laundry today. Then then out of the blue some little boy basically asked Ava out on a "date" to the spray park. Not only did he ask her out but being a young gentlemen he asked her where her dad was. He approached Shane and asked for Ava's digits. Shane, thinking on his toes in his moment of shock, (really we weren't expecting this for another 7-10 years), gave him the only number he could think of. Can you guess it? So later as we were gathered on the couch Ava reminds her dad of what happen and he relays the story to me. It took me a minute for have it register that my first born, my little girl, just got asked on her first "date"! Of course being the mother I am I did ask the most obvious of questions, "was he cute?" to which Ava replied NO! Then relief washes over me, not to mention the knowledge that our number is not 867-5309!

No comments: