Monday, July 7, 2008

Today has been an off day. To begin the night didn't go that great and we are feeling the after effects today. First Shane had to work yesterday for most of the day so we didn't have a "family day" which the girls have come to expect on the weekends. Then Kennedy wouldn't take a nap resulting in her falling asleep after dinner and a bath at 7:00pm which is early for them. Of course that meant she woke at 9:00pm and didn't want to go back to sleep until after 11:00. Ava who was suppose to be in bed asleep was awake when Shane and I decided to go to bed and since Kennedy was still awake we put her in our bed because she wouldn't sleep by herself. Therefore Ava also joined the party and before we knew it we had a bed full of kids. Luckily Nova had managed to stay asleep in her crib. Our sleep was unrestful due to Shane having to be up at 3:00 to check on a work thing, (cannot remember what it was exactly but something to due with a program. So the alarms went off at three, not that they really had to wake us up since we weren't really asleep due to the anxiety of possibly missing the alarm and the fact that Shane was on the edge of right side of the bed and I was asleep on the left side with my head at the foot of our king-size bed that felt like a twin size due to the two sprawled out on their backs without a care in the world passed out cold girls. Then after he got up it was almost impossible to fall asleep and eventually it did happen although it really didn't matter since Nova woke an hours or so later. Once I got her settled I once again tried to sleep and did only to have the time quickly come to wake up for Shane to go to work and Nova to be taken care of. Ava and Kennedy slept in although I thought about waking them but then decided that having two grouchy girls would only result in punishment for me. These pictures I took after each one woke up, and they are the calm before the storm since today had been a crying fest with Nova getting in her 5th tooth and Kennnedy refusing to help Ava who is reluctantly cleaning their room. I am just looking forward to the Tylenol kicking in and to a shower this afternoon. (I am keeping my fingers crossed that will happen.lol


1 comment:

The Morris Family said...

I've had those kinda days too. Your girls are beautiful.