Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adam Walsh

I try to avoid any news that involves children being hurt, murdered, or mistreated in anyway but I had to read this article. As you probably know Adam Walsh went missing in the early 80's and was only 6 years old. He was only a year or so older than me at the time of his disappearance. His abduction changed, at least for my family, the idea of the world being safe for children. A few years later one of my mom's co-workers and our neighbor had her little boy go missing during a hunting trip with his father. It was believed at first that he was kidnapped and there was a very televised search for him. Eventually his body was found under the bush he had crawled under to keep warm. His disapperance and his death was an event has marked my life in a profound way. I pray everyday that my children will never be lost or taken. I have to say this one of not the largest fear of things that I worry will happen to my girls, my nieces and nephews and to the children of my friends. If I could rid the world of one evil it would be that all children are safe from predators of all kinds. Anyway back to Adam Walsh. His murder gave a death bed confession that he did indeed murder little Adam. I feel so sorry and sad for his parent today. I know that they must have gotten some closure but my heart still aches for his family. So I say a little prayer for Adam and his parents and loves ones today. The article for those who want to read it is linked at the bottom.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28257294/?GT1=43001

No comments: