Monday, December 8, 2008

Quiet Night

It's nice when the house is like this. Asleep. The only noise in the background is the dryer which is always music to my ears. I like hearing the dryer work I always have. The tree is giving off a soft glow and it is comforting. This will be the last year for this tree, the top lights have stopped working and it's run it course. I gave it a great send off and dressed it beautifully for it's last show. I almost didn't put up all the ornaments, I always forget how many I have until I open them. In the end I put them all one and added the new ornaments I got for the girls this year. They get one each year and had picked out theirs in early November but I found other ornaments at the antique store and I had an idea for them. The ornaments are oval tins painted with Santa and Snowmen. I took an oval paper and wrote them each a special message on it and placed it in the box. Each year I'll write them a message and when they are grown they will have the messaged for their tree. So they got two ornament this year. Ava did group hers together at first but after prodding she spread them out, unlike Kennedy who staked a claim to every ornament she hung and placed them all in the back part of the tree.lol I didn't move any of their ornaments this year because I wanted the tree to be all of them and their effort. I did hold off on putting the ball ornaments until they were asleep and it helped to balance out their work. I am just thankful that I nor Shane likes tinsil on trees! I can only imagine the clumping I would be dealing with.lol

Merry Decorating to all!

1 comment:

The Morris Family said...

I love reading your thoughts I love to blog too. One day our kids will be thankfull that we spent most of the day on the computer! Hope Kennedy gets to feeling better.