Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thoughts

Cooking and cleaning give me the greatest time to have thought about the day. As I was doing the dishes I thought about the girls and what their lives today. Ava had a horrible dream last night and came to our room to sleep with us. It took me a sleepy moment to realize she was sobbing. As I held her I asked her what happened? I figured she would tell me a dream about a monster or such but instead she told me she had a dream that Kennedy died. She was extremely upset and cried until she fell back asleep. Getting ready for school this morning she remembered her dream and cried again. I felt so sad for her because I know how much she loves her sister and I can empathize with her about having a dream be so real. She felt better at lunch because the girls and I went to lunch with her for family lunch day. The new cafeteria is great and a nice relaxing place for them. I love her school!
Kennedy was quiet most of today. She loved being at Ava's school and sitting at the table with her sister and her friends. I should have known something was wrong because among the food choices Kennedy refused to eat fruit and a cookie. She did drink the chocolate milk but that was all. I brought home her quesadilla and cookie figuring she would eat at home. They had small bowls of posole which for a school was really good. Once we got home she said "I have to throw up" and did all down the hallway to the bathroom. (This is why I love the "pergo" floors! After cleaning her up I put her in bed, with a bowl, and she fell asleep right away. Later after her nap she told me she felt better and about 45 mins ago she ate some minestrone. I am hoping it is a small bug but I have to say that she seems to be the one who catches everything and it is something that is bothering me. She is on my list to keep an eye one.
Then comes my Nova. When I was pg with her I really thought I might be having a boy. I felt different and carried her differently. Of course she isn't a boy and she loves her purses and the dolls but she also has some tendencies that the others didn't have as much. She likes to roar like a dinosaur! I got her a stuffed orange dino because it reminded me of her. She crawled like one too!lol Before she walked solidly she was climbing. She climbed on her walker, on steps, anywhere she could. Now she has taken to the next level. She has tried to climb into the bath tub, she climbs up the step stool to the sink, she tires to climb unto the couch. Yesterday she used my sewing machine case, pushed it to the book shelf, and climbed on it so she could climb the bookshelf! I thought ok this is it this will be the thing that is going to drive me crazy with worry. Yeah right! I was in another room when I hear "Mom, Mom" "Mom, Mom, Nova on Dollhouse!" I run to the girl's room where I see Mrs. Nova in the closet standing on the TOP PART of Ava's dollhouse. Unbelievable! Then as the day went on she continued to drive me nuts but the worst was when she was on the rug, fell and bite her lip in the same spot she bit it last week. I think if we had Nova first then we might not have been couragous enough for more. I say that and then she gives me one of her love hugs where she pats me on the back and I think "Maybe we should have one more!" Laughs for Shane!
It's nice to be able to blog these thoughts. I always plan to write them down but it's nice to be able to type them, I can type faster than write. Blogging is a great way to keep these memories especially when moms loose their memories because they have to much new information jammed into them due to their kids. Such as
"What's that?"
"A Hat"
"A crazy funky junky hat!"
"Overslept"
"Hair's unslightly"
"Try to look like Keira Knightley"
"We've been there, we've done that"
"We see right through your funky hat"

See what my brain has come too!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Great post. It's nice to read what other mom's think about, that they have the same thoughts as I do. Crazy or not. lol. Poor Ava. Tanner had the same dream about Cameron once. It took him a day to even get the words Cameron and died out. Those dreams are horrible. I have the same mommy brain, sometimes to the point that it worries me. I depend on Lanette to remember things for me (like cute things the kids used to say, that i totally forgot about) but now she's a mom, so forget it. lol. Another friend reminded me that Tanner used to say "bandy bandy notebook" instead of handy dandy notebook. I should have written more stuff down!