Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How different can they be?


During Christmas in Grants April's friend Amanda dropped by the house. This was the first time she saw Nova and she commented to me how they all seem to be the same. Since I get the comment so often I rarely think about it more because they do all look very similar, especially Ava and Nova. Yesterday I thought more about how different they are. Ava is flat out in your face tell you the truth even if you get your feelings hurt honest. That's her role in our family and while at times it can be socially embarrassing it's her personality and now that everyone gets it people understand not to take it personal. She and her Uncle Fred have this trait in common. Kennedy at this age is so opposite. Kennedy has new line in which she informs everyone that "Santa told me" to do this or that. She told us that "Santa" told her she will get hair on her butt.lol Also on her shoulders, legs, and her back. She was teasing Ava the other day and "Santa" told her to do so. This goes on and on. Ava once said the word pissed (I'll freely admit this is my word and they have heard it more times than I'll likely admit). One day she was talking to Kennedy about how they had better pick up the mess or "Mom will get pissed." Once the words came out of her mouth she had the look of shock and she started to cry hysterically. It took me a while to calm her down and to explain to her that I was not mad and how my mouth caused the situation. Kennedy is like water to Ava's fire. Yesterday Kennedy out of the blue started to say the S word, over and over. I chose at first to ignore it. We learned our lesson when she say dammit. So I ignored it and she watched me out of the corner of her eye while she kept at it. Finally after about 20 S words I told her that she would get spanked if she said it again. She said it 2 more times. She got a swat on her bottom and she pouted and said "I won't say it again" and I went back to the kitchen. Just as I started to make lunch again I heard her say quietly "Beautiful Shit!" which is what she adds to please to make us more likely to do what she wants.lol At that point I held back the laugh, sent her to bed and called Shane to share the genius of our potty mouth sailor child.lol Of course Shane had to share with his office friends.lol Nova, not to be left out, has also separated herself from her look alike sisters by being the strongest, climbest, most independent girl.lol

*This picture is what I snapped when Ava said her bad word*

1 comment:

Traci said...

What a great post. I can so relate. Tanner and Cameron could not be more different. Seriously, it's amazing. And Max is a perfect 50/50 split of the two. I love to watch it playing out.

Ava seems like Tanner, like a little adult in a childs body. Her strong personality comes right out of her pictures. As does Nova's, already. Kennedy looks quiet and reserved, but from this post, I guess i read her wrong! lol. Too funny!