Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday update

It's been a little while since I did a family update so I'd thought I do one today. Starting with the littlest girl first Nova now has 10 teeth. Apparently she needs them all to bite with. She got the last 2 on the top and they are the first of her big teeth. She wouldn't let me see them for the longest time but one day during a laughing fit I caught a glimpse and saw them. Her hair is getting longer in the back and she repeats so many words now. She is slowly loosing her role as a baby and going full force to being a toddler, screaming fits and all. She loves to blow kisses and give hugs though so they even out the naughtiness.lol She is for sure one of our 3 favorites.
Kennedy has taken her place as a big sister well. She is happy that Nova is has become more of a playmate. During the day they play together well for the most part and Kennedy seems to have a lot more fun. She got a leapad laptop for Christmas and is learning to find the letters on a keyboard. She still is hard to get mad at when she is naughty but luckily she has been doing pretty good at being good. She is for sure one of our 3 favorites.
Ava had a great week. She is learning cursive writing which she had started to teach herself but is happy that they will be learning it in school. She got her report card and did great on it getting all E which is like A I suppose. (Still have this grading system) and she was picked for Student of the Week this week! The comments made were that she was picked for her hard work and her caring attitude towards her peers, teachers, and people of the world. We were really proud of her for the compliments and proud of her report card. She are pretty sure she is one of our 3 favorites.
Shane has a big work deadline coming up so I most likely won't be seeing much of him for a week for two. He is at work now which I hate but at the same time am quite thankful that he is still employed in a stable company and doing for the most part what he loves! It was nice during the holidays having so much time with him that I am still sad when he is not here. At least I have been able to get housework done.lol He is one of my one favorite husbands.
I had a pretty big day yesterday. After a long wait I finally got into the doc. to get some glasses. I have had the same glasses for at least 6 years and had been having so much eye pain that I decided to suck it up and go for new ones. My vision is not bad and the few different optmologists I have had always have told me that I really don't need glasses except for reading and or driving if I prefer them. Yesterday I found out the reason why my vision is pretty good but why I get the horrible eye pains and headache. I have a right hypophoria. It means my right eye sees higher than my left. So in order to not see double of everything my right eye has to strain to be at the same level. When my eyes are really tired and the muscle is weak my brain also has to go into overtime to correct the problem. I have noticed for many years that sometimes my vision goes out of focus and I have to force myself to see straight but I seriously thought this was a problem that everyone had.lol I just figured I was tired. Now I understand that it has been a huge problem. Tomorrow I go get the glasses I picked out and hopefully they will work. The right lense will have a prism added, (people with astigmatism also have them which I do have a slight one) and with luck it will be the right amount or whatever it is. And as much as I am looking forward to getting them the idea that I might not have the vast amount of headaches as I normally have is mind blowing to me! I am really really excited about that! The downside is that I am getting used to the idea that I HAVE to wear glasses EVERYDAY!!! Not just when I am reading or driving or sewing but EVERYDAY! That will be hard for someone who doesn't wear her wedding ring everyday because she never got used to it being on her finger (Yeah even after 10 almost 11 years!lol) and never can keep jewelery on for long, or a watch. So having to remember to put the glasses on will be a challenge. Much like remembering BC pills.lol Then I wonder why I have 3 kids.lol
So for the most part that is our update. I have a video or two to post soon but I need to get Shane to figure out where I uploaded them. (I still get confused as to what and how I screw up this computer.lol) And with luck the next time I post I will be a four eyed lady! (No contacts for me I can't go back there again!0

1 comment:

The Morris Family said...

So how many husband's you got???? Good luck on the glasses. I used to think everyone saw like me too! I don't know what I would do without my contacts!