Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An amazing time in History

I am so excited for this week to finally be here. Last night I watched Michelle Obama's speech and was won over by her grace and her story. I wish had been home to watch Ted Kennedy give his speech but I had to leave and get Shane. I made sure Ava got to watch a little of her speech before she finished her reading and took her shower. I wanted her to realize that the fact that a black man is being nominated as a Presidential Candidate is a historic moment and although she might not fully understand the importance now she will eventually and have the memory of watching it happen! I keep thinking this is only a beginning of new firsts! The first women candidate and maybe president, the first Latino, and so forth. Thank goodness for having the PVR to record the next few days!

No comments: