Thursday, August 21, 2008

PTA

Last night the girls and I attended the PTA's welcome back get together. After meeting up with Katherine (you might remember her from Ava's birthday party), we hit the booths to sign up for various PTA functions. The first one I volunteered for was the Enchanted Forrest. Several years ago some parents designed it as an alternative to the Haunted House during the fall carnival. For kids who hate scarry things, (all of my girls) they can tour the EF. I have to say that this is my fav. part of the carnival. It's located from at bottom of a stairwell up to a school hall and then out the opposite stairwell. It's a "forrest" decorated with the 4 seaons. The kids who help out and the volunteers dress as mermaids, fairies, and other "magical' creatures you would find in an EF. It's really a cool thing to see. I am excited to help out with it. I also did Shane the favor of voulunteering him to help with the Haunted House. He let me know how happy I did that!LOL
Aside from that I offered my help with a lot of things but they are a blur to me right now.lol I think there might have been 3 or 4 more. Anyway what a great way to get to know other families and kids. Plus I am hoping to be able to eventually be able to sub or "with hope" be a teacher with Bandalier. Oh yeah I also "won" a t-shirt last night. I say "won" because I am pretty sure they just gave them away to everyone who turned in their stamped passport. (going to table to table you get a stamp) Katherine and I each won one and then realized so did everyone else.lol Ava wore it for a nightgown last night! I'll be attending the PTA's first official meeting in Sept. and then I'll post how it went. I am hoping it's not like the Harper Valley PTA.lol

Also a shout out to Misty to told me my blog needed to be changed! I got Shane to fix the fonts last night on this template but he is in the process of working on a custom made one for me as a Birthday present. I am insisting that is the only thing I want so I hope he finishes it soon, so far I love it!!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Yes, yes, I know...I'm too good to you! Sounds like it was a good night for you. See you tomorrow.
Misty