Monday, August 11, 2008

Girl's room

The last 4 days have been a blur. I started a project that I have been wanting to do for over a year but being pg with Nova prevented it and then her birth and sleepless nights continued to keep me from doing it. Lately I had been thinking about it but finally after cleaning the girls room again I decided that I had to do it. I had to switch their room or our master bedroom and move Shane and I into their tiny room. This way all three kids would be able to share space and still have room to play and keep organized. Now I am not saying this was a fun looking forward to it task because it was not. In fact it sucked big time. You just never know how much crap you have until you have to physically move it. Then I had to put a lot more stuff in storage which I am pretty sure has filled our space. I couldn't have done this without Fred so a shout out to him. This is a video of the girls in their room today. I still have the tops of the closet to switch but I would say I am 95% done. I am exhausted but happy because they love their room. Shane and I will survive the small room, but I know that when the time comes and we move to another place (so not looking forward to that move at all!) we will be thankful for the larger space. Meanwhile at least now I seems to sleep a little better now that Nova is with the girls.

2 comments:

Belva Jean said...

Good job on getting the rooms switched. What a big undertaking that is. I'm sure the girls will all enjoy the new arrangement.

(Isn't it amazing all the stuff you find hiding when you have to move things around?)

The Morris Family said...

The room looks great. I hate moving things around but it feels cleaner after you do.