Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nova almost 10 months old

Yup she's almost 10 months old! It seems like yesterday that I was complaining about the last few months of pregnancy and how I couldn't take it anymore! It has been a wonderful and bittersweet year. Wonderful of course because my girls are growing beautifully and Shane and I get to be their parents but a little bittersweet because with every milestone Nova has it's also a last milestone for us as parents. I went through her clothes for winter and she's has moved into Kennedy's 18mths outfits. She is pretty much back on the charts with her weight gain and now that she is crawling, standing, and pulling herself up I know she is going begin to drop off in her baby weight and we won't have our chubby Nova. Lately she had taken to saying "Mommommom" a lot. She used to say it only when she was upset and crying. Of course Dadadada gets his saying too. Today she was in the hall way between the bedrooms and while I was cleaning my room and the girls were "cleaning" theirs she traveled in between the two. She had gotten a piece of plastic from a toy the girls had and when I bent down to take it from her she tried to hide it from me.lol That was a first and it took me by surprise. Later she found another piece, (the PTA Party had a boat theme and the girls got Hawaiian Laius') and I used the vacuum hose to take it from her arm. It freaked her out but she didn't cry and didn't try to take it again. At least she isn't afraid like Kennedy was of the vaccum. I think she is going to be an early walker. It's hard to watch her crawl because she tries really hard to push herself up off the floor like a stinkbug so that she can walk. I am sure she wants to be with her sisters.lol If she isn't walking by a year I'll be shocked. At this rate maybe I can get her potty trained with Kennedy. Just thinking that maybe I can have her potty trained by this time next year and not have that chore to do anymore bring a happy smile. :)

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

I love to see Nova's smile in all the pics and videos. Enjoy each and every moment, they go by way too fast.