Saturday, August 16, 2008

How did I get screwed out of date night?

Thursday Dusty called to ask me if I would watch Hope on Friday so he and Sandy could have a date. I agree on the condition that he watch my kids on Sat. Eventually he agreed and I tried to decide what we would do for our date night. I didn't want to go to a movie or eat I just wanted to spend some quiet time with Shane. I was thinking we would check out a museum. Anyway Friday rolls around and next thing I know we are full of stress. I am trying to get my duck in a row so I can do some substitute teaching and Shane had a lot of stuff do at work. We talked a few times and what was suppose to be a 4:00 pick up from work turned into a 5 or 6 or 6:30 pick up. Meanwhile I had my own running around to do including getting a haircut and a quick trip to Hallmark. (I love getting the ornament wish book!) Then I had to get Ava from school and then back to the mall to turn in her free book form. (She read her 8 books so she got a free one from Barnes and Noble. Then we ran up to the APS office for the forms I needed, back to the car to head to the grocery store and then home. Then it was cleaning and Nova time. I decided at the point that there was not way I was going to take one another kid since the ones I had were driving me crazy!:) Oh yeah Ava's bike also got stolen! It's a long story and I just don't feel like going in to it. So anyway Dusty was hurt so I told him I would watch her tonight which he told me they had to much to do on Sat. (today) so they would just take Hope with them. Then he asked if we had plans for dinner. I had a great plan to thaw out a chicken and make enchiladas but you have to actually take the chicken out of the freezer to do that so no we at that moment didn't have plans that didn't involve opening cans of soup. I agreed to meet them after we got Shane and we all went to eat at Kelly's. After dinner I wanted to walk around the shops so we took a good walk and at the end they asked me if I would still watch Hope. I said ok and asked them what their plans were. Turn out they wanted to watch Mirrors and take Fred with them. (Some date night!) I said ok and told them to have fun watching their evil movie and I would see them tonight. This morning I got up before everyone else and enjoyed my coffee while looking at the ornament book. I had a lovely time and decided that I wanted to get another walk in before the weather got to hot. Once the girls woke up and ate some breakfast we headed out. Shane had his work project to do so he was stuck at home. We originally thought we would go to a park but the weather was just so great that I wanted to keep walking and I bribed Ava with the promise of HSM sunglasses. (It is a school "requirement" like a hat is) We made our way down to Family Dollar on Yale. For those who know it behind the ghetto Smiths. It had a lot of fun on our walk. After a quick trip to Smiths to find the glasses (Family Dollar was out of them) we began to walk home. By then we had been gone for a while and since I forgot to charge my cell I figured I better find a payphone to call Shane. I had this vision of him freaking out since I told him I would only be gone 40 mins. We made our way to Garfield and Princeton where we found a payphone and I called him to let him know we were safe. He was surprised that we went so far and offered to pick us up. I had planned to walk home but I felt bad for Ava since she had been walking with me. (Nova and Kennedy were kicking back in the stroller so they were fine.) Shane came and got us and I set the trip button so see how far we walked. We walk about 2 miles this morning which was a good little walk for us. Seeing as how it was mostly down hill or flat it went by fast. Once home more cleaning. Then I reminded Shane about watching hope so they could watch Mirrors and Shane "asks" me if I mind if he goes. I said ok since I figured that would be less stress on me to keep the girls down to a dull roar. Now I am stuck alone with these girls and I realize that Shane is now on a double date with Dusty and Sandy with Fred being his date!lol So how did I get screwed out of a date???

That's ok! Shane must have felt bad because he started to work on making me a personalized blogger template. It's going to be really neat once it's done! (If he can stop dating Fred that it!!!)

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Hopefully, you'll get your date night soon.