Thursday, August 28, 2008

The day is set!!!

The day for the big "V" has been set! Sept. 9th Shane goes in a fertile man and will come out about 1/2 hour later fixed. This is something he has chosen to do and I couldn't be more happy. I love my girls immensely but I am so through with the pregnancy phase of life. I spoke with a friend of mine whose husband most likely will go through the same thing one day and she was telling me how she isn't too worried about getting pg because she isn't super fertile and I was instantly jealous.lol I didn't think I was either until we got pg with Kennedy. With Ava we weren't really trying or preventing but we had long periods of that before and never got pg so when we planned to have Kennedy I thought it was going to be a real test and trial and it happened quickly. After her I was on bc for about a year and when I missed my apt (a few times) we found out we were going to have another. Sadly we miscarried that baby and even though people kept "reassuring" me we could have another it wasn't what we planned. Again we weren't planning or preventing but never thought that 3 months after we would be pg again. Luckily for us we were blessed with Nova but we FINALLY learned our lesson and decided that Shane was going to "take care of business". Now it's going to happen! I did have to inform him that he will have to prep himself which (not to be too graphic) involves a razor and a careful hand. While the receptionist discussed the procedure with me I held it in but when I called Shane to tell him I couldn't get the words out without laughing. I mean it cracked me up! I also watched a video which made me squeamish but I know it didn't hurt and is nothing like childbirth but still it's isn't a fun day at the park. I think the shaving is going to be the worst part. Therefore as long as he keeps the apt and our luck holds out Nova will really be our last beautiful baby and NO I WILL NOT BE TRYING FOR A SON!!!

2 comments:

The Morris Family said...

Adrian is going to do the same thing we just haven't made the appt. You'll have to give me details because I think he would make the appt if he knew a little more about what it will be like.

Belva Jean said...

Hee, hee. I told James if he didn't want anymore kids he would have to take the plunge becuase I was no longer willing to take the pill. I actually got to be in the room for the procedure. I had a friend who pics :) Make sure you have several bags of frozen peas on hand to rotate to help ease the discomfort :)