Monday, August 25, 2008

Alot going on

It's been a busy week. Ava completed her second week of second grade and brought home a great progress report to show for it. Her teacher complimented her math skills and her desire to start an all school Olympic Club.lol Ava also finished an American Girls "Samantha learns a Lesson" chapter book last night which was a big deal to her because she finished it in a day and a half. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that she loves to read! I am so excited for her with each book she reads and am looking forward to her reading all the books I loved at her age.

Kennedy also has made headlines for our family. For the past few days she had made the choice to become potty trained! I won't go into specifics but she had done great. We are looking forward to only have on child in diapers! Kennedy also is looking forward to getting her ears pierced which is the bribe I made to to get her trained. Now I just have to get around Shane on that one:(

Nova is on her way to walking. Pulling herself up to a standing position is an easy task for her now. She had crawling down pat although I have to laugh at the way she does, she looks so funny. She is so sweet and in a way I just wish I had this year to do over, I'm going to miss my baby when she is a big girl.

Shane and I both had an off weekend. I caught the stomach bug that Ava's schools had passed around. I thought I would be better today but I was wrong. I look forward to feeling better tomorrow. Shane hasn't gotten sick yet and knock on that he won't. Work has been stressful for him and the rest of the team but hopefully it will be better soon.

I have to share this story of what happened yesterday. I was at the desk which is by our front widow which is opened so that we can get the air in. I heard our upstairs neighbors walking to their home when someone asked them to use the phone. They said they didn't and I knew we where going to get a knock on the door. I had this feeling that we should say no. (I don't know why I had that feeling) but Shane answered the door before I could say anything, plus I was on the way to the bathroom as I was sick again. He lets them in and they use the phone. All I heard was some bad language and then they left. I came out and they were gone and I forgot all about it and went on with the day. Late last night around 11:30 Shane was working on the computer and I was watching FRIENDS when a knock came again. Shane answer it and it's the same couple. They again ask to use the phone but then the boy (this cracked me up) ask Shane to heat up his burrito! So Shane gets the phone for the girl, (he didn't bother to pull out his IPHONE he gave them the cheap land line one that is attached to the cord) and goes to the microwave to heat this guys food. I hear the girl calling "Angel" to come and pick her up since her dad is being an a-hole. Then the boy yell in to tell her that they will walk to central. She hangs up and goes outside and they wait for Shane to bring the burrito. Once it's done he takes it outside where they are waiting. I am trying not to laugh out loud at Shane heating up the food but it's pretty hard and also they are outside. Shane gets back on the compt. and I to the tv when they knock on the door again. Shane looks at me like "What the heck now?" and answer the door. This time she is asking for water. He goes to the kitchen and gets her a glass, not one of our good glasses. He takes it to her and she asked for one she can take with her. I get up and go to the pantry to see if we have anymore big plastic cups but we only have the small Dora ones. He takes her another glass that was a jar and they finally leave.lol But I open the door today and they left chips, the cup, and a bottle of Gatorade in the walkway. I figure next time we are going to say the phone got disconnected and let another neighbor help them out. Still it was hilarious to see Shane run around for them.lol

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm comin' over so Shane can heat up my leftovers!

The Morris Family said...

The joy of living in the big city. Shane's a good sport hopefully he doesn't feel to used. Jakob and Kaitlyn are in pre-k together some days she likes it some days she doesn't. Jaron getting a baby brother aint going to happen. What you don't know won't hurt ya right.